Thursday, April 16, 2009

Inspiration | tiny vintage treasures
There are places that I know of, in different cities around the world, where I can go and stock up on perfect little treasure from days gone by that inspire my design work and  give me classic graphic design references that are hard to find these days. One of those places is a store called Au Petit Bonheur La Chance in Village St Paul in Paris. It is chock a block full of tiny little vintage labels, buttons, signs and cahiers from old french schools, shops and market stalls. It's like a treasure hunt - I love it and I always come away with lots of good stuff. The last time I was there I bought boxes of vintage french holiday greeting stickers from around 1910. Anyway, I always thought you had to travel far and wide to find all those vintage goodies but yesterday I was at d.Sharp and saw this pretty image on her blog(below) - it caught my eye and I followed the link to an online Canadian store that sells all sorts of wonderful little treasures just like I would find in the flea markets in Paris. Here are a few of the goodies from Papier Valise . . . 

Above image is from d.sharp
Below is a craft tutorial from Papier Valise blog
The above, and the following, items are all from Papier Valise's shop


Do you have a favourite online supply shop for your crafty or vintage treasures?
Blog Widget by LinkWithin