Monday, January 24, 2011

Vintage inspired treasures

My friend Eilidh in Scotland has the sweetest shop, Silk Purse, Sow's Ear, where she sells her vintage and handmade jewelry. There are a number of pieces in her shop right now that I have my eye on including these wonderful art deco dogs. Eilidh makes pretty little brooches from original vintage ephemera mounted on wood and also fab rings from her collection of vintage buttons. It's fun for me to check out her pieces because it reminds me of the treasures that you find in the UK at flea markets and antique fairs - quite different than what you find at markets over here. We are very overdue for a trip to Scotland - maybe later this year - and I guarantee you it will include a fair amount of treasure hunting! Thanks Eilidh!







Blog Widget by LinkWithin